This site is produced by the Small Business Development Corporation, and is designed to be as accessible to as many users as possible.
The accessibility features available on this site include:
- relative text sizing, able to be resized in most browsers
- text equivalents of important non-text items, including alt text describing the content of inline images
- content organised so it has logical flow without stylesheets
- header elements to convey document structure
- use of row and column headers in tables
- a logical tab order to navigate using assistive technologies
Every effort has been made to ensure the site meets Priority 2 W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines.
Please note: The State Migration Centre and Small Business Development Corporation take no responsibility for the accessibility levels of external web sites linked to from this web site.
You can make the text larger or smaller on this site by changing the settings on your computer.
To check which internet browser is installed on your machine:
- open your browser
- select Help from the top menu of your browser
- select About (followed by your browser name) from the drop down list.
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0 or 6.0 - Select View menu, click on Text size and choose a size from the options Largest to Smallest.
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.2 (Macintosh) - Click View menu, click on Text Zoom and choose a size from the options 50% - 300% or Larger or Smaller.
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 4.0 - Select View menu, click on Internet Options and choose Fonts and change the size to Small or Large.
- Netscape 6.0, and 4.0 - Select Edit menu and click on Preferences. A new window will open. Select Appearance from the left hand side menu within the new window. Under Fonts reset the size (for example, 10, 12, 14 and so on).
- FireFox - Select View menu, click on Text size and choose either Increase or Decrease the font size.
- Mozilla - Select View menu, click on Text Zoom, and choose a percentage size or select Larger or Smaller.
- Opera - Select View menu, click on Zoom, and then select a size from the list.
- Safari - Select View menu and click Make Text Bigger to increase the font size or Make Text Smaller to reduce the font size.
Printing Pages on this Site
Every page is printer friendly on this web site. Simply use the Print function of your browser or the print button at the top right of the content to print whichever page you like.
When a web page is printed, it will only print the title of the page, the location of the page as well as the content. Navigation menus are automatically removed for your convenience to improve readability on paper.
The site has the following navigational features to aid you in your visiting experience:
Main Menu - Links to each of the 4 main areas of the State Migration Centre's activities.
Secondary Menu - Links to topics of interest within each of the 4 main areas of the web site.
Search Functions - Search the web site to find what you want directly with keywords.
Breadcrumbs - Shows the location of the page that you are viewing within the site page hierarchy.
Accessing Files on the Site
Throughout this web site there may be some documents and files that may require you to install additional software on your computer. In most cases you are not required to install anything as most computers are capable to read the documents and files on this web site.
The following is a list of software that you may need to read the documents and files on this web site:
- PDF Documents - Adobe PDF Reader
- Microsoft Word Documents - Microsoft Word Viewer 2003 for Windows, or OpenOffice for Linux, Mac OS X and Windows
Please contact the State Migration Centre or Small Business Development Corporation for any questions relating to the accessibility of this web site, or to acquire any documents available on the web site in alternative formats.