Western Australia's diversified industries and strong economic outlook provide migrants with a broad range of employment and business opportunities.
The State's services, technologies and specialist manufacturing sectors continue to grow, while the traditional strengths of it's economy - mining, petroleum and agriculture - continue to lead exports with products in demand worldwide.
Strong economic conditions and growth have translated into many new business investments and business opportunities throughout the State.
These factors, together with employment growth and a low unemployment rate, have created skill shortages across many industries, generating a wide range of jobs in demand.
The Government of Western Australian is committed to supporting diverse business development and economic growth throughout the State. A range of services are available through the Small Business Development Corporation to assist and support business migrants to relocate to Western Australia.
Western Australian newspapers
- The West Australian newspaper is published Monday to Saturday. The most popular days for business listings are Wednesdays and Saturdays.
- Sunday Times 'Businesses for Sale' listing
- Western Australian Business News
The following links may also assist you to find businesses in Western Australia:
Tourism or hospitality industry
If you would like to operate a business in the tourism or hospitality industry, Tourism WA (State Government) can provide you with assistance about business opportunities
Business and industry associations
These are a great source of information for people interested in buying or establishing a business. The Australian Government has an online directory containing details of various government agencies and business associations.
Other valuable State and Federal Government resources:
- Business Link
- Small Business Development Corporation
- Department of Jobs, Tourism, Science and Innovation
- Department of Mines, Industry, Regulation and Safety
- Department of Agriculture and Food WA
- Chamber of Minerals and Energy of WA
- International Trade Centre
- Australian Exporters